Passports & Visas
Travelers must obtain their own Passports to travel. You must have a PASSPORT BOOK, not a Passport Card, to travel with us.
If you already have a passport, the expiration date MUST be at least 6 months after the date you arrive back in the US following our trip. TRIPLE CHECK YOUR EXPIRATION DATE - EVEN ONE DAY SHORT CAN PREVENT YOU FROM LEAVING THE U.S. OR THE COUNTRY YOU TRAVEL TO - DON'T RISK IT!
- If your passport is worn or torn or you do not have at least 10 pages left in it, replace it! Many countries will not accept a worn or damaged (even by water) passport and you must have enough pages left in it for several stamps in each country.
- If you don't have a passport or need to renew it, you can do so on your own. See State department application link below OR make an appointment with USPS (link below). With either, request expedited processing. As of April 2023, the State Department says applications are taking up to 13 weeks for normal processing and up to 9 weeks for expedited processing. There are no guarantees on processing time and many are taking longer so do it NOW.
- AAA only takes passport photos now - they do not process applications.
- You will need acceptable headshot photos (get them at CVS, Walgreens, or AAA) and two forms of ID to send in with your application & fees.
- Our travel partners will provide any necessary Visas at entry to countries. You do not need to obtain your own.